We have recieved 86% of our goal ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISTA Connection Difficulty F20 M135i/ENET cable
I am struggling to get ISTA to communicate with my Feb.2014 F20 M135i.

The ISTA Connection Manager lists the car with the correct Device ID, VIN and IP address (169.254.40.44).  When I highlight the entry and click 'Set up connection' at the bottom, the Connection Manager window disappears and I am thrown back to the read Out Vehicle Data tab.

I am using ISTA+ v4.39.20 from IR655's Mega download link, on a Windows 10 laptop with an ENET cable.
Some communication is clearly taking place because the VIN and IP address are being recognised.

Do I need to put the car in Diagnostic mode?  If so, how?  I have tried with ignition off, ignition on, ignition on and engine running all with the same result.  Pressing START/STOP three times quickly from ignition off does not help.  I read a suggestion to turn off the Control Display but this does not seem possible through the i-Drive - the only option is to make it a bit dimmer.

Under ISTA's 'Vehicle Interface' tab I have selected dealer Organisation LAN, Ethernet as preferred connection and Search Broadcast as 255.255.255.255.  Following a hint from another forum I changed BMW.Rheingold.OnlineMode in the registry from False to True, but this made no difference.

Any hints or suggestions please?  All I am trying to do is fit a second-hand VDC module to replace the original which was damaged by rainwater.  Many thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
ISTA Connection Difficulty F20 M135i/ENET cable - by BimThereDoneThat - 04-23-2024, 06:14 PM